RE: The Last Triumph?

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BEE346.44084A84

Just a little extra wood for the fire.  I am a customer service type
individual.  I work as a Tech Support Engineer in the motion control
industry.  They require customer service training for my position and I was
introduced to some very interesting facts about customer service.  These
facts are as follows:

		One bad customer service experience for the average customer
will be talked about by the customer to 67 different people.  These
different people will talk to other people and that second hand conversation
will generally be worse than the first hand.
		That same experience will be talked about for 18 months from
the time it occurred to the original customer.

In this case 250-300 people have been made aware on this list and the second
hand conversation will almost definitely be worse than the first hand
situation.  Anybody notice the exponential effect taking place?
This is only the negative side of the interaction.  They (seminar speaker)
didn't go into the positive side because from there perspective it can only
be good for business.
I am sure the guys and gals in England are aware of these consequences,
because if they aren't it will bite them in the &$S later!
My suggestion for you, Jonathon, is to be patient.  Their mind may change in
the future as the info rolls in on the bikes when higher mileage is
achieved.

Martin

		Jonathon wrote
		I hope that Triumph appreicate the enormous influence of
owners in creating sales for bikes; I and almost all Triumph owners I know
switched to them because:
		a) they tried a friend's Triumph
		b) a friend told them how much they loved their bike
		c) a friend recommended their dealer.

		I have been responsible for the sale of 3 Sprint ST's to
date, and I am sure without even saying a word (i.e. simply not recommending
anything) I can lose that many sales in 2000.  Reputation is one of things
that is very hard to gain and very easy to lose!   I really hope that
Triumph see the sense in the above arguments and make some efforts to
rebuild the confidence in this motor.

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BEE346.44084A84

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>RE: The Last Triumph?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Just a little extra wood for the =
fire.&nbsp; I am a customer service type individual.&nbsp; I work as a =
Tech Support Engineer in the motion control industry.&nbsp; They =
require customer service training for my position and I was introduced =
to some very interesting facts about customer service.&nbsp; These =
facts are as follows:</FONT></P>
<UL><UL>
<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">One bad customer service experience =
for the average customer will be talked about by the customer to 67 =
different people.&nbsp; These different people will talk to other =
people and that second hand conversation will generally be worse than =
the first hand.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">That same experience will be talked =
about for 18 months from the time it occurred to the original =
customer.</FONT>
</P>
</UL></UL>
<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">In this case 250-300 people have been =
made aware on this list and the second hand conversation will almost =
definitely be worse than the first hand situation.&nbsp; Anybody notice =
the exponential effect taking place?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">This is only the negative side of the =
interaction.&nbsp; They (seminar speaker) didn't go into the positive =
side because from there perspective it can only be good for =
business.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am sure the guys and gals in England =
are aware of these consequences, because if they aren't it will bite =
them in the &amp;$S later!</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">My suggestion for you, Jonathon, is to =
be patient.&nbsp; Their mind may change in the future as the info rolls =
in on the bikes when higher mileage is achieved.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Martin</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<UL><UL>
<P><U></U><A NAME=3D"_MailData"><U><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Jonathon wrote</FONT></U></A>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I hope that Triumph appreicate the =
enormous influence of owners in creating sales for bikes; I and almost =
all Triumph owners I know switched to them because:</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">a) they tried a friend's =
Triumph</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">b) a friend told them how much they =
loved their bike</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">c) a friend recommended their =
dealer.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have been responsible for the sale =
of 3 Sprint ST's to date, and I am sure without even saying a word =
(i.e. simply not recommending anything) I can lose that many sales in =
2000.&nbsp; Reputation is one of things that is very hard to gain and =
very easy to lose!&nbsp;&nbsp; I really hope that Triumph see the sense =
in the above arguments and make some efforts to rebuild the confidence =
in this motor.</FONT></P>

<P>
</P>
</UL></UL>