Re:Throttle locks

At 07:57 AM 08/12/1999 -0600, Bert Bota wrote:
 >I'm new to, not only this list, but to Triumphs. Been a Beemer guy for
 >awhile but made the fortunate mistake of riding the new ST in SFO last week
 >and I'm hooked.

I warned many a person about those demo rides ...... they tend to lead to a
lighter wallet.

 >Does anybody know if there's a nice throttle lock, ala
 >Beemer, knurled aluminum style that fits in/on the bar ends?

yes - the ThrottleMeister (they also make them for BMW). I thought I had
put pictures of it on the accessory page, but I just looked and there are
none - oops. Anyway, go to the heated grips section and look at the picture
that compares the stock grip to the heated grip - the bar end in that pic
is the ThrottleMeister.

 > Also, will the
 >ST carry the elec load of heated grips and a vest at the same time? Anyone

yes

Denver Area from "Lance LaCerte, Psy.D." <LACPSYD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Colorado Springs from "Hoppler, Harl" <Harl.Hoppler@xxxxxxxx>

 >> I live in Fort Collins. There are three dealers in CO, only one of which I
 >> can recommend, Apex Sports in Colorado Springs. I purchased my ST
 >> there, after having bought a Tiger from the much more convenient dealer
 >> in Longmont. I was completely unsatisfied with the service I received in
 >> Longmont and had other issues, too. The dealer in Denver is one of the
 >> oldest in the state and is really Honda/Kawi/Suzuki dealer that sells Ducs
 >> and Triumphs. While I have no experience with their service dept, it
 >> developed a terrible reputation for Triupmph service early on and I've
 >> heard nothing to change that. Perhaps someone else on the list can
 >> vouch for them.

Hope that helps

Again - welcome aboard

- - Eric