Re: Ross- Make It Right

Ross,

Now that Triumph has identified the mirror/cockpit subframe design flaw and
is correcting it on new machines, what is Triumph doing to rectify the
problem for those who had faith enough to buy the first machines?

Several of the British magazines that tested prototype Sprint ST's prior to
the launch made note of the 'wobbly' mirror problem and Triumph
Representative, Chris Hennegan, said they would be correcting the problem.
That said, I'm not sure why the problem wasn't fixed to begin with.  Triumph
was obviously aware of the problem early on.  Also, this isn't an intermitint
problem.  It happens on all bikes, every time.

I don't know about the rest of you, but based on the above facts, if Triumph
doesn't fix this it will effect my decision to buy their first year 600 and
for that matter another Triumph.  I knew buying a first year Triumph would
invlove glitches, but I always heard Triumph stood behind the product.

A Recap of my bikes "Character:"
Centerstand- recalled and fixed
Crankcase Bolts-  recalled and fixed
Fuel Gauge-  definately broken and no known cure
Gas Cap-  chipped paint; replaced under warranty
Head Gasket-  leaking; replaced under warranty
Right Bellypan-  melting; no word on fix yet
Valve Adjustment- done at 6000mi based on others' being way off.  mine were
in spec so it cost me $200+
3 Panniers-  backordered for 5 months

I love the bike and am willing to have the patience to put up with the
glitches and time for fixes, but I don't want to hear a 'no, we won't fix
that.'  If that's what we get here, I will be very hesitant to recomend
Triumph as a manufacturer that stands behind their product.

Rick Paukert
Houston, Texas
HSTA
RAT