RE: Ross- Make It Right

At 01:47 PM 08/12/1999 -0700, Retherford, Martin wrote:
 >        Is Ross the man for this kind of thing?
 >        I bet we could get the number to Triumph of America and route or
 >concern that way.  Ross is a working like all of us.  This just seems a
 >little harsh to be directed to him.  We know he works there but he may not
 >have the power to rectify the situation.

I agree on both - it is a little harsh and Ross is probably not the one
that should be fielding this email.

Plus Ross asked when he joined the list that he not be used as a Triumph
point of contact. As he pointed out there are channels in place for this
already, and I personally would not want Ross to feel like he cannot pass
on info to the list for fear of being inundated with complaints or rantings.

I am on a lot of lists for many different interests, and can't think of one
where an executive with the company takes interest in and contributes to
the conversations (other than a purely PR mode).

At this point we are not even sure what bikes are affected by the
modification that Ross spoke of. Having not seen the initial wobbly mirror
syndrome, we have no way of knowing wether the mirrors today are better
than the early press bikes or not.

What if the correction he spoke of was already in place on the bikes
delivered to the general public ?

I had written much more, but after thinking about it, I think I will end it
here until some more of the specifics are known so that this doesn't get
out of hand.

- - Eric