Re: Brake Lag

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999 12:03:48 -0700, in Mailing-Lists.Triumph you
wrote:

>Now that the brakes have bedded in (the bikes now got 1000 miles on it)
>The brakes seem to have some free play in them i.e. when you pull the lever,
>the first 1/2 inch or so does nothing then the brakes bite.
>I've spoken to Steve Lilley and he's looking to try another larger master
>cylinder to cure it.
>Has anybody else had this problem and if so, have you managed to cure it ?
>I read Motorcycle News (Brit weekly bike rag) today and they complained
>about the mushy brakes saying they changed the pads and had the brakes bled.
>Obviously I don't need new pads but is air in the brake lines the problem
>with the Sprint or is it something more fundamental like the master cylinder

If you find a fix, please let me know. I am having the same problem.
The brakes are mushy enough that I can squeeze the lever all the way
back to the bar with the adjuster on the #1 setting. The brakes work
fine, and I can lock the front wheel with a single finger without
coming close to the grip so I don't think it's air.