second gear problem

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with their ST jumping
to neutral when changing down to second gear.......
I have a problem where my bike is going into second on deceleration for a
couple of seconds then dropping into neutral by itself, it is an
intermittent problem that is very offputting,as the bike actually goes into
second starts slowing the bike then just starts freewheeling and the
neutral light comes on ! Not a good thing when blasting in the hills, it
has also happend whilst turning right at a daul lane intersection just when
I was ready to apply power to leave the corner the bike goes into neutral
causing me to run a litle wide and almost coming into contact with a car in
the outer lane. I use the clutch on take off then for the change to second
then I dont use it to change up gears, changing down I use the clutch Blip
the throttle as I depress the gear lever then release the clutch in all
gears. I thought it might have been me bumping the lever wihout realising
,but I have been in corners where my toes are back on the peg well away
from the shifter and it has still done it. I have told my dealer and  got
the mechanic to ride it, but he rode for ten minutes and it didnt do it...I
have some good days when it doesnt do it either but other days it is every
fourth or fifth second gear change {only downchanging never up} and it
never goes straight to neutral it always goes into second before dropping
out by itself.I have trouble finding neutral from first but it is too easy
from second,just tap it and its there.could this be some sort of internal
adjustment problem ?
sorry to dribble on about it for so long but wanted to eliminate as many
replies about my bad riding as possible :)
thanx for any replies in advance.
What got in your way today ? Gates ????