Re: Inspection

In a message dated 8/9/99 9:27:27 AM, DArnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

<<  The bodywork has not started to melt, so that's good.  I wanted to use
some of that exhaust wrap insulated tape in the area, but was unable to
locate the stuff in the time I had, so I went with an exhaust repair kit
which contained fiberglass tape, resin, a metal sheet, and some way too
springy bailing wire.   I thought that this repair kit could provide enough
heat shielding in this critical area.  After cutting my fingers on the metal
sheet and being punctured several times! >>

I used on of these kits on the crossover pipe of my
Morgan. The springy wire actually works quite well-it is meant to wrap around
the exhaust pipe over the wrap, to hold it in postion. However the wrap
itself was no good-it blew out over the hole in my pipe in a few days.