Two up on the ST

Greg,

I read all the reviews I could find and heard Jonathan Schulster's praise of
the ST, took it for a test ride (solo) and 30 seconds down the road from the
dealers decided it was the one for me.  It was delivered the day after my
new wife arrived to live with me!

All the reviews I saw said it was good for two-up touring.  I've now done
just over 5,000 km on it, about 4,000 km of that two-up and it's great with
a pillion.  Maybe it's too comfortable - I often get a thump on the back
from my wife's helmet when she falls asleep! - but even riding it all day
with baggage, either on the Autobahn here in Germany or over the twisties in
the Alps, neither of us suffers from PITA.

It's also less top heavy, easier to handle and more comfortable two-up than
my previous bike (Suzuki GSX600F, did about 30,000 km on that in 18 months)

For information, I'm 5'10" and 64 kg (140 pounds), my wife is 5'4" and 48 kg
(105 pounds) so we're both on the Racing Snake side.

My bike is one of the later 99 models and doesn't seem to have the wobbly
mirrors or other problems - the only trouble I've had so far is an alarm
that wouldn't stop alarming, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed about all
the other problems people have mentioned.

Neil