Re: New ST Day 2 (long)

GG wrote:

I'll check the shifter position today.  My initial impression was that it was a little
high to begin with.  Thanks!

I do not know if it will be a problem (I'm not about to field test it), but lowering the shifter may be dangerous due to cornering clearance (a big problem if your gearbox is slammed into the next higher gear while in a turn...you'll most probably loose control, which could result in a helicopter ride).  This would however take a pretty aggressive turn to do this.  Also be sure your toes are not under the lever in any turn...especially if the shifter is lower... as your foot can easily touch ground, causing an unplanned clutchless shift.  I am practicing and trying to make it instinctive to always have the balls of my feet on the pegs while turning.  I still have to think about it to do it, but it sure scares the hell out of me when a foot scrapes the ground and my toes are near the shift lever!   I have yet to become a "HERO"

- -David A.