Re: CA Trip

1) Make sure you stop in Eureka, CA, drive over the bridge (approx. 1 mile)
to Samoa, and eat breakfast or dinner at the Samoan Cookhouse (a restored
logging kitchen) ---- fixed price dinner or breakfast that includes all you
can eat of anything they're serving---- and I'm talking real home made food
(best scrambled eggs and Texas size french toast I've ever had; not to
mention the homemade pies for dinner; I was once there by myself and they
brought me an entire pie after dinner!!!!!).

2) Before you get to San Fran, you'll pass through a town (don't blink,
you'll miss it) right on Highway 1, called Elk.  There is a great restaurant
and bed and breakfast called the Greenwood Pier Inn---- even if you don't
stay there (reservations can be hard to get), take a minute (or even have
lunch in their restaurant) and ask to see one of the cottages.  The guy that
owns this place has this fabulous large white house sitting on the ocean
cliffs and has built bungalows all around, each with a different theme.  The
gardens themselves are fabulous and the bungalows are incredibly
romantic --- just the ticket if your pillion is female and happens to be
wearing thin from hanging onto the back of the scoot. (and to be
politicalliy correct.... "if your pillion is male and happens to be wearing
thin from hanging onto the back of the scoot"!!!!)

What evere you do, make sure you have enough gas to get THROUGH   Big
Sur --- I wouldn't be surprised if some of the gas stations are already
charging over $2.00/gallon for regular unleaded!!!!!

Enjoy!!!!!!

Lance LaCerte, Denver, CO