"Little Bastard"

> >Sorry to hear Dunner is bailing on the Sprint ST, though I can't say I blame
> >him.
>
>I don't think he has bailed yet (although I wouldn't blame him either) - I
>think his comment was more along the line of IF it develops the radiator
>problem in addition to the problems he is having already, it will be a one
>way trip to the dealer......
>
>Unfortunately he is not near to a dealer (210 miles one way) and that one
>from what he has posted seems to not be doing the Triumph name any favors.
>The next closest dealer is 410 miles away .....
>
>His bike went in I think in mid June and he still (as far as I know)
>doesn't have it back yet ......
>
>As I mentioned to someone yesterday, dealer service can make or break your
>confidence in a marque. In his case there has not been much in the way of
>positives - a shame as the bike is so much fun to own and ride.....
>
>- Eric
=======================
  All of the above is true. I haven't given up on the Sprint-yet. I like it
too much. I took it in to the shop around June 1 and still don't have it
back, but a lot of this time has been due to FUs on the part of the local
mechanic and no fault of Triumph's. The exhaust cam had to come from
England and that took some time, but that got to Montana ages ago.
  I'm on other brand mc lists and I'm familiar with the dissatisfied owner
who petulantly brand bashes after a major failure of some kind, and I find
them depressing and ultimately, boring. My situation definitely warrants
this kind of unbecoming behavior, but I'm trying hard to keep a stiff upper
lip. My bike problem seems to be an anomaly and plain bad luck for me. This
kind of thing shoudn't happen, but does, and it was my turn in the barrel.
I knew going in where the Triumph dealers were, but hoped I wouldn't need
them much ,as Triumph's reputation for reliability was pretty good. But, my
geographical location and complete lack of mechanical skills make having a
Shop Queen an impossible situation. I'm keeping a list of all the problems
I read about here, so that when I do take it in for service, they can be
addressed all at once. I'm optimistic that the Sprint can be sorted out and
become a reliable long distance sport tourer, which is why I bought it.
Here's hoping.

Duner Tor
Bozeman MT

'99 ST "Little Bastard" (as in "Hey, Mark, is that little bastard fixed yet?")