Re: ST Rallye WARNING

> >If you don't feel comfortable diving into that turn trying to keep up
just
> >ease off. We'll get the same place, just at different times. I'm not
> >going into Arkansas to Jordache. This is a vacation to enjoy at a
> >comfortable pace. We don't want to ruin all of the good things above.
>
>How right you are. There will be some people riding fast, but there will
>also be some people riding slow. It's not a race and like Jack said, we'll
>all get to the same place. Even if we all rode at the same pace, it is very
>unlikely because of the number of bikes that we will ride as one group
>(unless someone really wants to look like a Harley parade .....). I plan on
>enjoying the curves but also would really like to take in some of the
>scenery.....
>
>Counting down - in 8 days I will be on the road...... in 9 days I will be
>enjoying all the above...
>
>- Eric

Can't wait either. it's going to be a great trip.

I ride with a mix of people, bikes, and riding skills every weekend. We
always ride at our own pace. Since I have racing experience I take corners
at a higher speed than most of my riding friends and they recognize this and
adjust accordingly. When I get through the turn I slow down to let them
catch up and ride and at a comfortable pace. When a new person enters the
group we always discuss experience and I make sure they understand there is
no passing allowed in corners and we start out slow until we get a feel for
their riding level. Since I don't know any of you i will be on my best
behavior and will looking out for the slower people in the group so everyone
enjoys the ride. I'm not a professional by any stretch of the imagination,
but I have been riding for over 30 years and this coupled with my 10 years
of racing lets me go at a little quicker pace. The key is to know your
limits and have fun!
Dennis