Re: "Little Bastard"

Jonathan Schulster wrote:

> For every problem that appears on the list there are hundreds of other machines which are running perfectly, and thousands off the list which probably are ok too.

This is a very important point!!  If I based my decision to buy a new zoot scoot on what I read about the R1100S and Sprint ST on the Internet, I probably would have bought a VFR800.  I recently monitored our consumer question database at my company.  My first reaction was that our products suck.  I spoke with our marketing people and when you look at the percentages, the "problem" products account for less than 0.001 percent of
all the products sold.

I assumed that this is likely to be the case with either the Beemer or Triumph so I wasn't really too concerned about potential problems with either one.  That's why I (hope to keep) reporting the good things about my ST so that lurkers seeking info won't just see "the problems," though knowing about what problems occur is important.

GG