Re: Ross, Radiators, Dealers,

At 10:42 PM 08/17/1999 -0400, TXToday@xxxxxxx wrote:
 >Very true!!!  It is GREAT to have an inside person to carry our questions
and
 >concerns into the company.  What does Ross Clifford do anyway?

I believe that his title is International Export Manager or something close
to it.

 >Radiator putty is a good idea.  I should try to remember to get some.  Glad
 >to hear it os only select bikes though.  Though I still hate planning for
 >failure just on principle.

I agree about having to carry putty, but until there is a definite answer
on the affected models, it can really be a trip saver if your 100's of
miles from service. Plus at the size of a roll of life savers (or half a
roll of Mentos!) it doesn't take much room....

 >I sympathise with Dunner.  Too bad a good dealer wasn't closer.  Hopefully
 >Triumph will put stricter standards in place as a result of our comments,
 >though ironically wasn't Triumph voted somewhere to have one of the best
 >dealer networks?  When all is well, it is a great bike to ride isn't it?!

I know that there are a lot of really good dealers out there, but the few
bad ones can really leave an overall bad taste. I know that Triumph is
actively working on some of these dealers to "shape up or ship out", but to
do this they usually have to have some idea of another dealer to put in
place to cover the area. South Florida was really bad for several years and
they just recently moved to a new dealer which has made a lot of the owners
in that area very happy.

- - Eric