Re: Mirror Wars

The fairing weak point (at the bottom of the screen) is definitely the culprit here. If you cut and attach with 200 MPH tape, a simple wooden dowel between the 2 upper screen screws (left to right) and hit your favorite fwy. you'll see what I mean! If your tolerances are tight, as mine were
with this experiment, you should have 0 distortion in your mirrors up to 110 mph (that's as fast as I went) All it really needs, as with fine furniture, is proper bracing. In this case, because of the distance between the forward fulcrum and the spindly legs going aft, we need a cross brace
from left to right to complete the circuit. Hey, try it , only takes a coupl'a minutes. Now the hard part, fabricate something that is out of your way, and aesthetically pleasing!! I'm gonna build something for mine, don't know what yet!

                  This bike is too much fun,
                                                    Jim