Re: That damned position light

You know, I did not even think of that.  It makes sense though.  I thought fuel injection solved all of the problems in the world!!! I guess not.  There are devices out there that will disconnect a battery if it senses prolonged power loss, that will supossedly prevent a dead battery from leaving an accessory on.  They are called "Battery Buddy" or some kind of crap!  I know that they make them for cars, and probably for bikes too!  I have never considered ever needing one, as I am careful with that parking lamp...while on the subject, I wonder if there is an easy way to make the hazzard lights flash with the key in the "off" position????  That parking lamp makes a pretty poor hazzard light in my opinion!

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, David Arnett wrote:

> I have found (the hard way) that push starting a large displacement
> bike is doable.

I had a flat battery on my ST a while back (the cable route to the
ignition switch block saga) and found that no matter how hard I tried I
couldn't push start it.  After chatting with a few people it turned up
that the ST's EFI needs a couple of atmosphere's of fuel pressure before it
will operate.  If you haven't got enough power to spin up the fuel pump
you ain't going nowhere.

Bambi