Observations

Hi All:

Couple things:

It's fun giving grief about colors, although truth be known I am probably the wimpiest driver in this bunch, especially since I went down on her a while back.  Really gave me a wake-up call.  I have been puttering about at the legal speed limits, and watching my surfaces carefully, and entering corners very carefully, etc.  And this is exaggerated by not having my replacement leather yet; I am in no mood to go ripping about without proper safety equipment.  So my black ST with me on it is probably the slowest machine on this list!

My current work situation has not given me much time to get out of town on the bike, and riding about in the SUV demolition derby here in Naperville can be terrifying, so I have not put a lot of miles on her.  You guys on your third set of tires are amazing to me.  I was out of town for five weeks in a row with no riding at all (!), got back and punched her up half expecting her not to start.  Plunked over first time like always.  Gotta love FI.  At least the five weeks I was out of town were the miserable hot ones of mid-summer here.

As I was riding about last week, the fuel light came on and the gas gauge went to empty.  It was half full just three miles before, and has 98 miles on the odo since the last fill.  So after being very reliable since new, my gas gauge went tits-up just like everybody else's.

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx