ST windscreens

Hi All,
Well after Friday the 13th all has been smooth sailing. Currently at 547
miles and it has been running like a champ.
The bike is a blast on the back road commute, stable and fast on the
interstate and all for under 6000 rpms.

The next  problem may continue the sensor / gauge theme, the fuel gauge
reads a bit odd at times. It will drop a quarter
tank at times when low and at rest. When full it reads reliably.
I guess we'll wait to see if it becomes a real problem.

To the meat of the matter. I was wonder if anyone is running a taller
wind screen on their ST? Currently the stock is fine
but when the thermometer takes a turn south it may be nice to have a bit
more protection. When sitting up on the highway
it comes off about mid chest. Their is no buffeting around the head as
such but the wind noise drowns out the sound of the
bike quite quickly (shoei RF800).  When I tuck up on the tank my head is
still in fresh air.

I would be interested in hearing impressions. Does it make the bike more
susceptible to wind gusts? Does it provide a sufficiently
larger dead zone to hide in. Does it induce greater/lesser cowl
vibrations at speed? How are the distortions?

Inquiring minds want to know.

- --
                                                    _
Neil Halbert                  _/_/_/ _/   _/  _/_/ '_) EMC Corporation
email: halbert@xxxxxxx       _/--/  _/ -'_/ _/     /__ 171 South Street
voice: (508) 435-1000 x1232 _/_/_/ _/   _/  _/_/       Hopkinton, MA 01748