Re: ST windscreens

>>> Neil Halbert <halbert@xxxxxxx> 08/24 11:13 AM >>>

To the meat of the matter. I was wonder if anyone is running a taller
wind screen on their ST? Currently the stock is fine
but when the thermometer takes a turn south it may be nice to have a bit
more protection. When sitting up on the highway
it comes off about mid chest. Their is no buffeting around the head as
such but the wind noise drowns out the sound of the
bike quite quickly (shoei RF800).  When I tuck up on the tank my head is
still in fresh air.
I would be interested in hearing impressions. Does it make the bike more
susceptible to wind gusts?

- -Yes it does, but the added protection is well worth it!!

Does it provide a sufficiently
larger dead zone to hide in.

- -It provides a much larger dead zone, yet lets enough air hit the top of your helmet for ventillation.

Does it induce greater/lesser cowl
vibrations at speed? How are the distortions?

- - Mirror shaking becomes a little worse, especially in turbulent air....when following other vehicles.
Other observations: The side of tall screen becomes a visual obstruction when leaning your body in turns.  Wrist pressure is increased...Gen Mar risers will fix that!!  The looks of the bike changes drastically.  The bike looks more like a touring bike.  Some like it, while others don't.  I don't mind the looks, as it sets the bike apart from the  hot pink squiggly stickered, neon light in the fairing crowd!!  The protection is good.  You could smoke a cigarette behind the tall screen on the autobahn if you so desire!!  The bike is slower also, but a small price to pay.  Comfortable bikes rack up more miles!!!   If it weren't so hot here in Houston, I would have mine on year round!