Re: Wanderlust

Simon Warburton wrote:
> Also, hard luggage is notorious for reducing stability - in this respect at
> least, soft throwover panniers are much better.

Hard luggage may reduce stability on some but my ST is dead nuts
stable at any speed up to an indicated 140mph.  I am just back from
a 4 day tour to Colorado from southern Arizona and my route both ways
took me through the Navajo Nation which has a few mostly deserted
and straight 2 lane roads and absence of law enforcement.  Needless
to say, I couldn't resist testing the high speed capabilities of bike
while it was loaded down with packed panniers,  tent and sleeping bag
on the back,  and tank bag loaded to the max.  I was able to cruise
for hours at around 90 and occasional squirts up in the triple digits.
The bike would easily pull up to around 140 indicated with me sitting
bolt upright behind the tankbag and there was still more in there.

Also, my bike is still on Bridgestone BT57s.

I can't offer more help to Martin than what has already been suggested
by Simon and others but I couldn't be happier with the high speed
stability of my ST.

Regards,
Gary Slabaugh