Re: Powdercoated wheels

In a message dated 8/24/99 11:57:52 PM, s2mumford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Anybody powdercoat their wheels yet? Pictures? I have been quoted $200 -
$260 US for the whole works. I liked the way the silver wheels looked on the
pic in the Triumph factory day area of the ST page, and I have seen a
roulette green Speed Triple with white wheels. Looked pretty flash, and
unique. I am tired of my pals saying my black wheels look like I just ran
the Baja 500... I live on a dirt road...Where men are men and sheep are
nervous.

What's the advantage of powder coating over having the paint removed and the
wheels polished? One of the customers of Rocket Motorcycles in San Diego had
this done, and it looks great. Less upkeep on powdercoat?