Re: Rallye stuff....

hp@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The event was awesome and I want to just take a moment to thank all those that made it possible. Lisa for all her hard work in the actual event planning, Dennis and RPM for the Rallye shirts, Robert for his route assistance (and medical transport) and to each and every one that attended / participated.

Yes, the Rallye was most excellent and I will add my thanks to Lisa, RPM, and Robert as well as Eric.

> Oh yeah, and to Triumph for making such a great bike.....

Yes, it's a tremendous zoot scoot!  And to make the Triumph lurkers nervous... we compared the features on all the bikes there and noticed when changes occurred by build date.  We're watching you.   ;-)   For the record, we had ST's with build dates that ranged from 11/98 to 4/99. There were only 3 black
STs, but there were a ton of Red versus Black jokes!

> The routes were great and we got to play on some fine examples of Arkansas asphault. Lots of wear on the tires, a few aching joints and ear to ear grins.

My right wrist and shoulder are killing me (I see risers in my future...), but it was well worth the trip.  The roads were a good mix of technical twisties and curvy sweepers.  The riders were all quite good and stayed within their limits.   Being a flat lander, it took me the better part of Friday to
acclimate to the twisted mountain roads.  By the end of Saturday's ride, I was keeping up with the "A" riders.

We did have a couple of casualties (I'll defer to those involved) as well as a couple of relatively minor maintenance-related items that were handled very well by the Triumph dealer in Fayetteville.  As of this writing, there were no catastrophic malfunctions on any ST, though my turn signal cancel switch
had a very minor glitch that was quickly corrected.

> To my 15 "new" friends I say "Thank you for a great event" - looking forward to Rallye 2000!

I'll echo those sentiments as well!!  I also must apologize to my new friends for not formally saying goodbye this morning as it was quite rude of me (even Rude Dog isn't that rude).  I was planning on joining the group for breakfast, but I found myself wide awake at 5 am and decided to pack up the ST and
head for home instead.  I really enjoyed meeting you all and riding with you!!  I've belonged to two formal motorcycle groups and while those folks are nice, I can't say I've met a nicer bunch of people than those that attended the Rallye -- Dee and Paul, Robert and Jenna, Lisa and Richard, Mark, Mike,
David, Dennis, Eric, Jack, Steve, and our lone Sprint Exec rider whose name escapes me at the moment (I'm so embarrassed).

We all took lots of photos and I'm sure we'll be scanning and uploading them for your viewing pleasure soon.  Since I'm a writer, some of the group members have asked me -- more accurately, I succumbed to Jack's relentless pressure ;-) -- to write an article about the event.  Believe me, everyone there has
an interesting story to tell... from my arrival as a drowned rat (4 hrs in heavy thunderstorms), to Dee and Paul's most excellent cross country adventure, to the big white bull that got out of its pasture and crossed the road in front a group of riders, to Dennis's wrong turns, and more!

GG