Re: leaving in the morning

Hi Bruce and Patty,

Put new tires on tuesday and changed the oil, put on Avon Azoras has anybody
tried these tires yet?
I've been using Azaros on sportsbikes for two years now and love them. I
haven't changed the tyres on the Sprint yet but will be fitting Azaros when
the BTs are worn out, if not before. BTW, the Avons are by far the best tyre
I've ever used in the wet and, believe me, its wet over here a lot of the
time.

I've put about 250 miles on them, and they seem to be working good. I like
them more then the stock Bridgestones, but I don't think they will last very
long. The stock ones lasted about 5300 miles, and the Avons are alot softer,
The Avons are definitely a lot stickier and I also find them to be long
lived. I currently have a set on my TL1000 which has at least 20BHP extra at
the rear wheel over the ST. I was getting about 2000 miles from Metzlers but
am getting over 5000 from the Avon. At IRP200 ($260) per tyre every extra
mile is welcome.

Let us all know how you feel about the tyres after your trip and enjoy the
scenery.

Martin