RE: First Bike?

Previously, you (Rick Damiani) wrote:
> I'll second that. A Sprint ST makes just over 100BHP but that dosn't tell
> the whole story. Unlike the 600cc screamers [1] that also make ~100BHP the
> Sprint makes it's power the old-fashond way - 70+ ft-lbs of torque.

Wonderful stuff, isn't it?  :-)

> Add that
> to the hyperactive brakes,

Funny, I find them to be very well behaved.  Having lots of available
braking power doesn't make them a threat if they are well controlled
(they are) and give the rider a well-defined feel for feedback (they
do).

> the 500+ lbs of fully-fueled weight and the high,
> somewhat top-heavy seating position

What are you talking about? I have sat on my share of top-heavy bikes
and the Sprint ST sure doesn't qualify for that label! Even my lovely
wife her motorcycle license still warm from the laser printer declared
it to be well balanced with a low COG when she sat on it.  (Did I let
her ride it?  Do you think I'm crazy?  Maybe in the Spring.)

> and you have a bike that can be a bit of
> a chalenge even to an experenced rider.

Depends on how you ride it.  Push it and it'll be a challenge.  Treat it
gently and it'll baby you.  Reminds me of a horse I knew a long, long
time ago.

No matter how you ride the ST it is a *LOT* of fun!

- --
Bill
Clearwater FL