Elevating the front tire

Any suggestions for lifting the front end to remove the front wheel for tire
change? I don't have a jack-stand.
I asked the dealer, and the Service guy was less than helpful, "We have a lift
or you can use a  jack-stand".

So, those of you with experience, please reply.

DArnett had a good suggestion about suspending the front end from the garage
ceiling, but I'm not sure if my garage has anything to lift from (It is
completely finished, no exposed joists. I was thinking I could jack it up, but
how do I protect the exhaust system? I don't want to crush or dent it, and I
don't like the idea of putting that much pressure on the header connection. I
assume I'll remove upper and lower fairings, and try to find some way of
SECURELY lifting with an hydraulic jack and some wood while on the center stand.
Any recommendations greatly appreciated. TIA.

Paul Master - Red 99 Sprint ST "The Flash"
East Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)
email: pmaster@xxxxxxx