Re: dealer pricing. (was Turbo)

Looks like your dealer is doing a little gouging, as do most I've seen
these days. $80 is what the I've seen rear hugger cost in LA. I bought
a Carbon one that was minus the chain guard for $100, this was
marked down from $150. $400 sounds outrageous, I'd keep shopping.
Hell for that much I'd make my own. They should not cost more than $200.
There's maybe $20 in carbon and epoxy at the most. It should not take
some one more than 1 hour total to cut the cloth and lay one up. How
that ever will translate into $400 is beyond me. If so, I think I may
have to start a new business.

I keep hoping that on day we can start buying this stuff direct.
Personally, I am quite tired of most of my local dealers. They just
like to lie to much. (They don't realize times have changed. It is
the information age and smart buyers will find out if they've been
lied too).

I do still love my Sprint though. I personally think its the best
bike on the planet.

John Stossel
Los Angeles