Re: st-digest V1999 #316

>>Ted will be at Rocket Motorcycles, 5171 Morena Place, San Diego 92110, on
Saturday, November 18 from about 10 AM to 2PM or so, chatting and
autographing books. All are welcome.
To my surprise and delight, Ted has also agreed to go on a ride with us the
next day Sunday November 19, gathering at Rocket at 7:30-8:00 AM, for
coffee
and doughnuts and getting away around 8:00 AM. What a guy! After putting in
the kind of miles he has in the saddle, I would have thoght he would want
hole up at poolside and one of our hotels, but he says "God willing and if
the creek don't rise," he will ride with us!  Details remain to be worked
out, but our destination will probably be Borrego Springs, and the route
will
include the glass elevator.

For the non locals, can you explain what the 'glass elevator' is?  It sounds
fantastic!

GD