RE: First Bike?

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Bill Flowers wrote:

> Previously, you (Rick Damiani) wrote:
> > I'll second that. A Sprint ST makes just over 100BHP but that dosn't tell
> > the whole story. Unlike the 600cc screamers [1] that also make ~100BHP the
> > Sprint makes it's power the old-fashond way - 70+ ft-lbs of torque.
>
> Wonderful stuff, isn't it?  :-)

Done the break in yet??

> > Add that
> > to the hyperactive brakes,
>
> Funny, I find them to be very well behaved.  Having lots of available
> braking power doesn't make them a threat if they are well controlled
> (they are) and give the rider a well-defined feel for feedback (they
> do).

If you think the brakes on the Sprint are to powerfull, I wounld
not get on a 9r. With a single finger I can stoppie the little
beast :-)

> > the 500+ lbs of fully-fueled weight and the high,
> > somewhat top-heavy seating position
>
> What are you talking about? I have sat on my share of top-heavy bikes

Here here, the ST is no more top heavy than my 9r. If it was not
for my insane need for sub 11 sec 1/4 miles, 160+mph stints, wheelies
and stoppies I would replace the 9r with the ST, but alas, the
holigan in me won't let it be. And I know, there is the turbo, and
it will take a lot to convince me that with the way I abuse the
throttle that the ST engine avec turbo will be able to get 100,000+++
miles out of it.

Before any of you think that I am insane, I am extreemly particular
about where I do these, and of course primarily love the twisties,
which is of course why I think the ST is the touring bike for me!

ATTN Dallas riders: Speaking of twisties, lets get together this
weekend. I was out of town until late lastnight so I did not get
a chance to get an email out. Please let me know what you have
going for this weekend.

Thomas

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>

5025 Arapaho Road, Suite 406, Dallas, 75248
(972) 851-6945