From: Jonathan Schulster <Schulster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 10, 1999 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: New program / suspension

> Hi Ludo
> Yep, Belgium has some of the baddest and bumpiest roads in northern
Europe, but some great twisties too (Ardennes are great!).
> 1) I watched the mechanic do it; I cannot remember the number but I guess
it is 998x. It does briefly show the programme ID on teh display but I
missed it.
> I have found that I have to ask the mechanics if a new programme has been
received; it just comes in a bunch of mail from Triumph and often the boss
or front desk dontknow it has arrived. This is always a challenge as they
only speak the local Hessiche (Odenwald) dialect and my german aint great.

> 2) My dealer suggested they would make an announcement after Xmas?
>
> 3) I think other owners have found there is alot of adjustment in the
suspension. The magazine 'Sportsbike' did a suspension adjustment article on
the Sprint and found it was set way to hard for a single 75kg rider;  I
adjusted mine as they recommended (1 turn out on the preload) and it made a
big difference.

> cheers
> Jonathan

> Three questions:
>
> 1) Jonathan wrote he had a new program loaded.
> How do you know when there is a new program and what is changed?
> Does the dealer always loads the latest release when you come in for
service
> ?
>
> 2) Any news about the upgrade for the fuel gauge ?
>
> 3) Due to much bad, bumpy roads in Belgium I definately need a better
front
> suspension.
> Especially when accellerating on bad roads, the front becomes very 'weak'
> and it
> feels as if my front wheel goes up and comes down 10 centimeters to the
> right or left.
> Has anyone one on the list upgraded the whole front suspension or replaced
> the springs
> with harder ones and/or thicker oil  and what was the result ?
>
> Ludo
> Red 'Bird of Prey' 99 ST

End of st-digest V1999 #326