Re: ST Crashes

Well it sound like I have the best record. 8 years with only 2 minor
incidences and then only in my first 2 months of riding.

My 1st was me running in to the back of a car from a stop at a right
hand turn stop sign. I didn't go very far (only about 2 feet before
hitting). For some reason, I thought he already gone and I was busy
looking at oncoming traffic. No damage to the Yamaha that I was
riding at the time, nor to me.  (sure was embarrassing though).

2nd was me pulling off into crushed wood kind stuff median. I was
pulling off as all my gear just slipped of the back of the bike. Doe!
As I was stopping in the in this stuff, I slide my bike down.
Good thing I was only going a couple mph. Again no damage to me or
my Yamaha 500. (But again very embarrassing)

I had that bike for 5 years and it was my only transportation for
2 of them. Since then I have also had a Honda 750 CB for about 3
years. (sold it about 5 years ago).

And now, I have an ST with 600 miles. And no other incidences.

Why? its mainly because, I don't try to push my skill level and
I keep it calm on the road with other traffic. Also, I must
just be lucky as I never had a car just come along and hit me.
Knock on wood...

I remember this guy in my Motorcycle tranning course I just took
last month. The course was just 2 weekends. Well in that one week
this one guy with a Ninja crashed 3 times. All not his fault, but
really they were. I never saw a bike so beat up that you could
still ride... well kinda anyway...the rear brake lever was just
kinda dangling.

John Stossel

PS. I broke 100 mph for the first time 2 weeks ago and it was fun.