Winter time tires pressures

Just a quick heads up. This time of year and till spring for all of
youse guys and gals in the colder climes that keep riding remember to
keep a close eye on tire pressures. I usually run a bit lower when it
starts getting cold. Two reasons less air means quicker heating of
the tires for better stick ( if you got the stock BT-57's , you can
use all that you can get) also less air means a larger contact patch.
Again can use all one can get when it's cold out and the road gets
cold and hard. I've dropped my tires at this point just a pound lower
than the factory recommendation to 35F 41R. If the roads stay clear
when it gets even colder I'll probably drop another lb to 34F 40R.
Keep in mind that the factory tire pressures are arrived at by trial
and error on nice warm roads on nice warm days. The road ain't near
as sticky when it's 35 or 40 degrees out!

Erik