Crash followup

I'm sitting in the office wearing shorts despite the fact that it
violates our dress code.  Tough! It is either that or I stay home the
next few days.

My knee is healing up incredibly fast.  It is time to leave it exposed
to dry it out.

This morning as I stepped out of the shower my knee went "clunk".
Immediately I could flex it in the full range of motion for the first
time since the accident.  Apparently something wasn't quite in place
since the accident.  The muscles have been giving me twinges all day as
they get back to normal, but it is a "good hurt".  Other than the slight
tugging of the healing flesh it is almost as if I was never hurt.

The bike is looking not too bad.  The estimate is in: $1180 in parts and
most of that is bodywork.  The engine needs to be cleaned up, inside and
out, to remove the oil from all the locations it shouldn't be.  However,
that is all it will take.  Mechanically it is OK.  If it wasn't for the
oil dumping all over and the bent shift lever, I could have been riding
last week.  (Well, maybe not.  My knee was worse off than I thought.)

I think (fingers crossed) that I'll have Jewel back by this weekend.
She might still look broken (we don't yet know how long the bodywork
will take to arrive -- I'm hoping that it is in stock), but I'll have a
bike to ride for my Christmas holidays.  Yipee! :-)

It'll be good to get her back.  While she is in the shop the rest of the
accessories are being installed.  Well, I'm not sure about the luggage
- -- my wife won't tell me if has arrive or not yet.  Willemina is trying
to leave me with some surprises for Christmas.

Just getting my ST back will be a good Christmas present.  Every time I
go to the garage and see the empty place with the oil stains where she
sat "bleeding" my heart sinks again.

P.S.  Don't tell my wife that I bought Jewel a Christmas present: a
Genmar riser kit.  :-)

- --
Bill Flowers - Never Say Die
Clearwater FL