Re:Santa Steve and his elves....

At 06:54 PM 12/15/1999 +0000, Steve Lilley wrote:
 >"Old" I'll have to get Aunt Joan on your case if your not careful here. "Old"
 >indeed, sheesh.

Has Aunty Joan been upgraded to defender of the realm now ? I've always
spoken well about her (and her cute daughter than no one seems to talk
about) and can't imagine that she would ever be compelled to raise her
umbrella in anger toward me (even by you). She is a lovely woman - and it
is a pleasure to be able to say that I know her ;-)

 >understand. Seriously though I am a tad disappointed about the length of
 >time it has taken to get these parts made, maybe we shall try another
 >supplier, but the chaps that we use are local and normally very good. We

Well, I would rather have it take a little longer and get the quality that
we expect versus getting any old shop to push them out.

 >Why not get your company to post your wages direct to us? Then we can give
 >you a weekly allowance and work out what you can spend on the bike, see
 >all these extra services we are prepared to offer!!!

That sounds like the perfect idea - I have forwarded your email to my
payroll department to see what can be done.

 >There is one on the market, but they are so tacky that we will not sell
 >them. The problem is getting a good finish inside to seal correctly.

well, I guess I'll stick with the sweatband then....

 >Thanks are due to you Eric for the sterling work that you put in on behalf
 >of the ST owners, this is a good list and although I cannot respond to every
 >query that turns up, I do find it very interesting, and quite often very
 >amusing.

Thanks for that Steve - (and to the great bunch of listers). We may even
hit 400 subscribers by the end of the year - not too shabby for 9 months.

 >PS We have our demo RS on the road now. I hope to get a chance to
 >try it out shortly. We lent it to a good customer today and he put
 >quite a few miles on and really liked the bike, think I feel a sale
 >coming on here. I'll let you know what I think hopefully Friday.

Well, just be sure to keep the riders steered away from the bike eating
park bench across the street......

- - Eric

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website