Re: Road Trip 2000

Previously, you (Paul Wilson) wrote:
> Weatherwise, the earliest I would recommend arriving is mid- May;  anything
> earlier than that, and you're going to be looking at bare trees and brown
> grass.  Late May/early June is ideal:  the spring rainy season will be over,
> the days will be sunny and warm, and you'll have the roads to yourself (at
> least on weekdays).

Earliest I'd do it is mid-June otherwise you'd be picked clean to the
bone by blackflies!

> Quebec is like a country on its own.  In Ontario, you'll still feel like
> you're in the U.S.;  in Quebec, you'll feel like you're in France.  The
> towns, villages, and people are all extraordinary!  Lots of old
> European-style architecture.  Scenery-wise, it's about the same as Ontario.
> Probably the most beautiful area of Quebec is along the north shore of the
> St. Lawrence River, east of Quebec City.  This area is known as the
> Charlevoix, and is a World Biosphere designated site.  Well worth the visit.
> Also, I would strongly recommend spending some time visiting Quebec City,
> the only walled city in North America.  Easily, the most beautiful city in
> North America, IMHO.

Agreed! Most everyone thinks of Montreal when they consider Quebec, but
I'll take Quebec City every time.

- --
Bill Flowers - Never Say Die
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"
- --
I'm dreaming of a motorcycle Christmas.

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website