Storing you ST

I just put my ST away for winter today as we finally got our first snow
of the year and the accompanying road salt. :-(   I remember awhile back
there was someone asking the best way to prop up the bike to keep the
tires from flat spotting over the winter.  The rear is easy, just use
the center stand.  As for the front I remember someone wrote that they
hung the bike by the handlebars off a rafter in their garage.  I came up
with an easier way since there is not always a rafter over the spot you
want to store your bike.  I simply measured from the bottom of the front
forks to the floor and cut two scrap 2x4's one inch longer than the
measurement.  Now, with the bike on the center stand I tipped it
backward and slipped the two boards one under each fork.  The front
wheel just clears the floor and the bike is quite stable.
Now I'm just sitting around waiting for spring.  Darn!

Dan
'99 ST hibernating in the Great White North.

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website

End of st-digest V1999 #337