yet another new guy intro (and question)

Hi -

  I've been subscribed to the list for a while - and finally bought a new
'00 blue ST. I traded in a Buell S3 for it. I dug the Buell, but was having
more problems than I was willing to deal with.

  My question is (after @200 miles): I'm noticing a slight vibration of some
sort around 3200 rpm that might be a number of things:

  1) normal
  2) loose clutch basket (wild guess)
  3) a body panel sympathetic harmonic buzz
  4) whatever you guys might suggest

 I realize noises are next to impossible to diagnose over email, but this
is just standing out enough for me to notice it. It's over by 3300 rpm,
it's just a small patch of buzz or roughness or just a change in the quality
of power delivery. Anybody notice this - or am I just paranoid?
I'm gonna try to get a ride on a demo bike as soon as I can to compare
and put my mind at ease.

 Anyway - I'm in Houston,TX and I note a few other guys (Rick Paukert?) on
the list are here as well.

Thanks
Mike Brooks

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website