Re: Good Vibrations

Every bike vibrates to some degree.  The ST's will vibrate a little more during break-in, but I'd say vibrations are not a problem on this bike.  High speeds will give a little vibes in the handlebars, but if wearing gloves (should always be wearing gloves...ask those who have gone down) and a loose grip will alleviate this "problem".  Hand placement is important too.  If you have your hand touching the vibration dampening bar ends, you will hamper the dampening effect of the bar ends, thus transferring undampened vibes through your hands.
When exploring the right end of the tach, I have to to look at it to know when to shift, as the engine pulls hard right up to the rev limiter.  I have run out of tach room on several occasions...which is leading me to this...  Wouldn't it be kind of trick to have the all of the dash lights illuminate simultaniously as a shift light a few hundred RPM before the rev limiter goes to work.  It can be seen with peripheral vision, instead of devoting attention to the tach, which should be on other things.  I am not especially electronically inclined, but I remember other listers building custom circuitry for audible warning buzzers for the parking lamp with diodes, resistors, flux capacitors, etc...  If someone wants to come up with such a gizmo, (which would probably involve cannibalism of a shift light...set up for three cylinders???? or maybe the thing can be actuated by the tach circuitry???) please share it!!!

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website