Re: She's here!!!!

At 01:48 AM 12/23/1999 -0800, John Stossel wrote:
 > Yea, I heard this too...after I bought the bike. I found what some
 >dealers do is not completely prep the bikes until you buy one, just
 >so they can say, "Sorry, there's not even any oil in it and we don't
 >have any ready to ride." They had 5 ST's. 3 nearly preped (everything
 >but the oil) and 2 not.

Well, I would hope that with Triumph's new ad campaign that ends with the
line "We're the only ones who routinely offer free test rides at all our
dealers. That ought to tell you something", Triumph would be approaching
these dealers and slapping them silly until they comply.....

Test rides are critical to Triumph's continued success - just look at how
many people on this list test rode an ST and then immediately had to own
one. I don't think the sales numbers would be as high without those test rides.

Without test rides I probably wouldn't be here right now running this
forum. I got a card in the mail in early 97 from the local Triumph dealer
announcing that Triumph was "back" with the offer of a free test ride. At
the time I was quite happy and not even thinking about another bike, let
alone a Triumph. They dropped me on a 96 Trident 900, pointed me in a
direction and told me to "have fun". No time limit - no restrictions - I
took it out and had a blast. A couple of weeks later I was the proud owner
of their last 96 Sprint.... and as they say the rest is history....

- - Eric

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website