Re: Suspension

>It seems we all agree that the Sprint ST suspension is a tad soft for
either
>aggressive riders, heavier riders 200 lbs +, and/or fully loaded, two-up,
>spirited riding; all of which I am.  I think Dennis tried Penske and
someone
>else tried Fox or Ohlins. Someone mentioned Race Tech has some stuff
>available.  And then there's the idea of jus sticking the RS or Daytona
>springs/componets on thats could be a solution too.  My point is, I'm not
>looking to turn my Sprint ST into a Daytona, not am I looking to turn it
into
>a $13,000 motorcycle either.  So I ask you, what's a good, effective, and
>reasonable way to improve the suspension on the ST?
>
>Rick
>Houston

Hi Rick,
Check into Race Tech. They are a reasonable alternative to a new front end.
They have better springs and a "Gold Valve" which replaces the stock
dampning. I don't know if they have done an ST yet but they have done other
model Triumphs. Some of my racing buddies have used them in their jap racers
and they swear by them. The website is: www.race-tech.com. You can do the
mods yourself if they've done an ST before. If not you'll have to be the
test mule and send them your forks.
Dennis

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website