Re: Suspension

TXToday@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Chuck,  I basically followed the instructions I got from Kieth Code's
> Superbike School for setting up the suspension which involved setting the sag
> and correct preload from there.
- -snip-

<ducking>

Uhh since I don't have an ST yet....

</ducking>
By the sounds of things you did things spot on.  Keith Code and CSS are
good things.

Based on the data from a couple others, the ST has lots of front end
travel.  If one were to take the "typical" sport bike sag settings (say
32 mm), they would leave the ST's front under sprung, in fact, with
127mm of travel up front, 40mm (or a little more) of sag would be a
typical sport setting, with maybe 7mm less on the track.  How much sag
(measured from an unloaded front end) did you set.  I ride alot with a
(sometimes) willing pillion.  Though I am a smaller rider (145 lbs and
growing), and the pillion is lighter still, I still wonder if the front
end will leave me wanting.

OK.  I apologize list readers for dumping another missive about a bike,
which for me, has not yet materialized.  I "test rode" one again last
week.  I am envious of you that have them to ride every day.  Soon, I
will get mine.

- -chuck

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website