Re: stock tires

Hi Greg,
I have had my bike since September (3200Miles). I'm up in Marlboro,
Mass. so the weather is the same. I find the tire slides most under
breaking. It will lock up the rear and slide with out a squawk or noise.
On recently sealed paring lots it can get slick if there is any moisture
involved. Basically you just have to watch those normal conditions that
you have to watch out for on a motorcycle just a bit closer. (man hole
covers, paint strips, sealing tar and seal coat) I still have the bike
out and am still riding. Yesterday went for a 75 mile jaunt. It was
great. You just shouldn't push it 10/10th's in this weather since it is
difficult to get and keep heat in the tires. Just ride and have a ball.

Greg DellaCorte wrote:

> You guys have really freaked me out with your comments about how bad the
> stock tires are.  I've only got a few hundred miles on the bike and I
> know it takes some milage to scrub in the new tires anyway.  Also with
> it being in the 30's up here in Connecticut lately I know there is much
> less traction available.  My question is just how conservative do I need
> to be?  So far I have really been taking it easy - I have not taken a
> turn above 40mph with mild lean angles only.  Have you had the tires
> suddenly let loose on you or has there been some warning signs that you
> were pushing the limits?  I'm not in a position to buy new tires
> however, I don't want to be kissing pavement either.

>  The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website

End of st-digest V1999 #348