Possible Sprint Owner

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a Sprint ST.
I currently have a Bandit 1200 which I may be part ex'ing for it.
I'll take it as a given that the Sprint will handle better than the 1200 but
I'm not so sure about the engine as the 1200 does have a lot of grunt.
However I'm trying out a Sprint today so I'll soon find out.
One thing that does concern me is that I've been reading a few reports of
Conrod failures on this engine type.
Has anybody had this happen and is it a common occurrence ?
My 1200 has been abused regularly (revved hard, wheelied etc) for the last
three years without any problems whatsoever and if I buy the Sprint I will
be heading down to the South of France on it in 8 weeks time doing about
4000 miles, so reliability is a big issue.

Martin W.
Bandit12, Bandit6, Bandit?
Too Dangerous to live, Too Stupid to Die
http://www.onewheelsenough.freeserve.co.uk/BanzaiBAndit/