Re: Drop & Truck

At 12:50 PM 06/30/1999 -0400, irony1 wrote:
>While lane splitting in slow bumper to bumper traffic on the BQE in
>New York City, I was cut off by a van.  I normally use both brakes
>when stopping, but this was so sudden that I grabbed the front brake.
>And down I went !  Next to a big ass eighteen wheel truck.  As I lay
>in the road between lanes, my head slightly up with shoulder to the
>ground and right arm behind my head.  The truck tires brushes my arm
>as it goes by.  Not once but three times.  Those tires are BIG.  I
>didn't even have time to be scared.  This is New York City.  The truck
>never stopped and traffic just flowed around me.
>Damage - slightly bent front brake lever, minor scratches on front
>fairing , aching right hip and tire scuff marks on my vanson leather
>jacket.
>Picked up the bike and off I went.
>
>Only had a problem sleeping last night as the event replayed in my
>mind

Wow - seems as if you had someone watching over you. Glad to hear that you
seemed to escape relatively undamaged and with all your personal body parts
where they belong.

I was on the cross bronx last year following a couple others lane splitting
when a cage driver decided that no one should be moving and opened their
door in an attempt to take out the lead bike..... After that I decided to
wait .....

- - Eric