London UK introduction

>Welcome to new subscribers,

>Make yourself at home -

>- - Eric

Well hello Eric & crew, Thanks for the welcome.

I live in West London, UK, and have now ridden just over 4000 miles on
my lovely red beast since March. I use it mostly for commuting, though I
build up the milage on frequent trips down to Somerset in the west of
England.

I got the noisy pipe which gives a fine but (as you would expect)
understated growl.

I also went for the hard luggage, useful as I don't have a car.  It has
very good capacity (especially after the tankbag on my last bike, an
otherwise excellent Thundercat), though I have bent both my luggage keys
getting the panniers off the frame. A small design weakness that BMW got
round years ago with swivel heads.  Top box is great for London
commuting, where width is crucial (filtering through traffic is legal in
UK), panniers great for longer trips.

Other teething trouble: the replacement fuel gauge sender is just as bad
as the first one...and when the engine is cold I have to back kick the
gear out of first.

I would like more scratching practice on the bike though.  My BT57s are
squaring off after all my motorway riding, and I look very sheepishly at
the shiny edges of my tyres. A good centimetre unused on each side. Any
suggestions folks?

So far, since March, I have only ever seen 1 other ST on the road in
England....where are you lot?

- --
martin