Re: Valve Clearances

At 05:21 PM 07/07/1999 +0200, Jonathan Schulster wrote:
>Thanks for the info Eric,
>I did say that the valves sounded noisy and the dealer suggested checking
the valve clearances, so I shall ask them to ask Triumph to cover this under

I would say that should be covered.

>I do not have the service chart with me (it is with the dealer for
stamping) but I am pretty confident that it does not specify doing a valve
clearance

not sure about the book, but I know the service manual shows the first at
12,000 miles.

>On the 509 I paid for the valve check at 10,000km and 8 of 12 valves
needed replacement. I am still trying to get the money back from
Triumph.... as I understand it you have to pay the dealer and submit the
claim in person ?   Is this done in a different way in the US?

In the US the only time you would pay first  / attempt to collect from
Triumph, would be if there was some dispute over the cause of the problem.
Normally the dealer would submit all claims to Triumph.

- - Eric