RE: Valve Clearances

At 09:54 AM 07/07/1999 -0700, Retherford, Martin wrote:
>	The idea that triumph would try something like squirming their way
>out of paying for repairs or issuing a recall is irresponsible and
>unacceptable.

I am not trying to moderate the discussion on this subject, but before we
condemn Triumph for their actions on this, lets first see if it is indeed a
problem at all.

Then, (if it is a problem) lets give Triumph the chance to put a course of
action in place.

To this point, I personally have not heard of Triumph denying any valve
related claim on an ST. If Triumph feels that they have solved the problems
found on some 98 models than I am willing to abide by their servicing
guidelines knowing that if I should have a problem, they will stand behind it.

IMHO, talk of a class action suit is premature and unwarranted based on
what I currently know.

- - Eric