Aftermarket ECM programmer (gameboy)

Wayne MacDonald has created a circuit that allows the modification of tune
parameters to be performed without having access to a dealers "gameboy".
Description of its capabilities below.

He is trying to judge quantities needed for his first production run, so if
interested, send an email to Wayne.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "ST List /
Gameboy Wanted" in the subject.

- - Eric

>From: Wayne.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>Now that I have the circuit board debugged I can focus on the code. This
should
>only take a week or two to complete but I have a few questions.
>
>I was thinking of including an ActiveX object with the code, This will allow
>anyone with a bit of programming experience (VB,Access or anything that
supports
>ActiveX objects) to write programs to access the info on the bike, Would
anyone
>like this ?.
>
>I was thinking of having a datalog program so you could connect a small
laptop
>or CE device and collect data while at the track or on the dyno, I would make
>this program configurable so you could select the data you want to log and
how
>often, I think that it will also be able to log wheel speed if you bike
has the
>rear wheel sensor, this would be great for logging track sessions, You could
>work out lap times by using the slowest corner on the track as a reference.
>Alternatively I could put prevision in the cable for an external switch (I.E.
>dirt bike kill switch) chat you could mount on the bars and use as a lap time
>trigger, Anyone interested ?.
>
>The price will be $120 USD, This will include a 3 metre cable with the
correct
>plug for the diagnostic connector, The GameBoy adapter and a CD with the
>software.
>This first version will allow you to do everything the Triumph tool can
except
>load new programs, To protect my investment I am going to put a VIN check
in the
>software, Anyone who wants a copy will need to send me the VIN of the bike
they
>want to use it on, I will allow three bikes for your $120 and $30 for each
extra
>VIN, Alternatively you can pay $300 for an unlimited version, The unlimited
>version will be limited to one PC, You will need to run a setup program on
the
>PC and send me the resulting number, I will then send the unlock code for
this
>PC. Anyone who buys a GameBoy will get free upgrades as I learn more about
>tuning the Sagem, I will try to allow access to the entire fuel map, I cannot
>promise anything but I am a fanatic with this sort of thing (Or as Evan
Freeman