Re: Dragon GTS

At 17:59 30/6/99, Jonathan Schulster wrote:
>Hi Mark,
>I replaced both front and rear - the tyres are pretty good in the rain,
>but slide like most on overbanding or yellow paedestrian markings (at
>least in Switzerland).  We did 5 big passes at the weekend (Gotthard,
>Nufenen, Grimsel, Klausen...) and the tyres were great on both dry, wet
>and snowy roads.  I can only really compare them to the worn BT57's, as I
>can't really remember what they were like when new.  I am veyr happy with
>the new ones, but lifetime remains the big issue for me.
>Jonathan

I've had Pirelli Dragon GTS front and rear for a week now (thanks Jonathon
for posting your favourable first impressions). These do seem to be good
tyres, they track over bumpy surfaces much more calmly than the BT57s did
even when new - there's one bumpy lefthander on my way to town which I now
take faster than ever, and feel more comfortable even at the higher speed,
I used to ride through there quite gingerly.

The steering is more responsive than the worn Bridgestones (no surprise)
and I think it's better than when they were new. Stability is still fine,
slightly better if anything.

Plus, the sinuous tread looks pretty good to me :)

Lorin
safe riding: rubber down
safe sex: rubber up