Re: That good old mailing list

I can testify to the great sound Walter's bike makes as I followed it up the Grimselpass two weeks ago!  We stopped and grinned at each other at the lights, but there was not really time before the start of the pass to talk to each (over the rumble from the two bikes!).
Had a great time trying to keep up on a pretty slippery road - Walter had a pillion and obviously worn tyres, so I thought with new Pirellis that should be no problem.  What with the lack of any curvy roads in Holland many dutch riders are also famously slow (mostly the caravan variety!) on alpine passes :)   But of course I had great trouble keeping up - he must have had a few days practising in the Alps already.....

Nice to know we get to hear about many faults or potential problems in the bike before even Triumph are aware of them :)

have fun.
Jon

>>> "Walter Adams" <w_adams@xxxxxxxxxx> 08/07/99 00:07:02 >>>
I like to express my graditude to al members of the list.

On my trip to Switserland suddenly smoke started to come out of my dasboard.
It came from near the key.
At the same moment I remembered al the writing about this electrical problem on the list.
In only 5 minutes I lokated and fixed the problem.
It was a worn powercable against my frame that caused the smoke.
Had I not red about it on the list, I think I had to call the Autoclub.
That could have taken mutch longer

Thanks again everyone

BTW I installed the carbon exhaust, WHAT A SOUND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it

Greatings
Walter Adams