Sprint First Impressions

Just a quick impression after picking up the Sprint on Thursday.
I've done about 200 miles and have yet to refill the tank !

More weight on the wrists than the Bandit but I'm getting used to it and as
the speed rises it gets easier.

Definitely a bike that needs bedding in, the gearbox is starting to loosen
up but I have a large red mark on my big toe !

Suspension seems stiff but again may be a case of letting it bed in a bit
before adjusting.

Not quite the same spread of flexibility as the Bandit at the moment but
this may be down to a tight engine plus I'm trying not to make it labour at
low revs.

Where I used to go in to corners slow and stomp out on the Bandit, I'm now
going in a lot quicker but still stomping out ot them hard :))))

There's seems to be a lot of throttle travel (And yes I've checked the free
play)

The extra cost shows in the build and little touches like rubber bung in the
end of the hollow front axle, screw adjustment for rear preload, working
suspension etc.

If  you want genuine Triumph accessories, brace yourself when handed the
bill and for stuff like a rack or pannier kit it's best to get the dealer to
do it, but again like the bike the extra cost is reflected in the quality
and the the fact it is purpose designed for the bike.
(The Triumph rack is one chunky buggar )
Although I'm still p*ss*d off that after paying 500 ukp for a pannier set
you have to build the panniers like an airfix kit !

Love the triple rumble and can't wait to get a race can.
Not regretting part ex'ing the Bandit so far.

Oh well better go I've got to get up early tomorrow to go out on the bike.

Martin W.
Triumph Sprint ST (99)
Bandit6
Too Dangerous to live, Too Stupid to Die
http://www.onewheelsenough.freeserve.co.uk/BanzaiBAndit/